Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bed Rest: Day 4

Over the next few days of bed rest I hope to update this blog a bit more, particularly about my pregnancy so far.  So about bed rest...my Doctors-yes plural-my boys are kind of a big deal ;) -have told me that I am allowed to wake up and get ready for my day, shower, etc...then I should be lying down for 3 hours of uninterrupted rest.  The good news is that this rest can be in the bed, couch, or even recliner although it is best that a good portion of this time be spent lying on my left side.  After the three hours are completed I can then run a few light, short, errands-Yay! Then I must return to another three hours of uninterrupted rest.  It's challenging but the more I read about the increased fluid around our babies and the effect it can have on my cervix, thus sending me into preterm labor, the more I am just fine with bed rest, as difficult as it is.

The medicine I have been placed on to reduce the fluid surrounding baby B (the recipient baby-aka larger baby) and to prevent preterm labor contractions is a bit tricky. It's basically a blood pressure medication and today I learned just what it does to me when I actually spend time on my feet! We were specifically told, "You can go to Church!"  Yay! I was overjoyed to be able to be present for the first Sunday in Advent and communion Sunday.  However, I interpreted this as meaning I could show up early and visit with members (like I normally love doing as part of my job).  Jonny on the other hand made it clear that this was not part of the plan, so we showed up just before the service, took the elevator and then took our seats.  I hated it but my body quickly showed me why I it was so important. Even without standing during the service for hymns & such, the amount of energy expended to get to church was apparently all I could handle.  Despite it all we stayed through the sermon & communion and left only a tiny bit early.  What a blessing to hear a message about Hope, the traditional theme for the 1st Sunday in Advent and exactly what we needed right now!  It's amazing to hear about Mary expecting her promised son in the midst of my own pregnancy. It's a blessing to think about all Christians joining together in the Hope and expectation of our long awaited Savior.   We continue to hope for the very best for our two little boys taking comfort that God is with us, Emmanuel!

After the service & before getting into bed for the rest of the day (thank goodness for a laptop & wireless internet) I asked Jonny to take a few pictures of what I look like at 19 weeks pregnant with twins.  I realized today that I haven't really taken any and I know I haven't shared any publicly.  So to remember this time of expectation, below are a couple of photos...










I did a little photo editing so as not to blind you with my pink sweater! 















THANK YOU to all who have been praying with us and have reached out in support! I can't tell you how much your encouragement means to us at this time.  

Love & Blessings,
Katrina 


2 comments:

  1. you look seriously AMAZING. you look so good, preganancy suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pix!!

    I wish I had taught you how to knit before all of this...

    ReplyDelete