Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bed Rest-Day 7

Today's post is dedicated to simply saying THANK YOU! I have been overwhelmed by the support that I have received from family and friends far and wide over the past few days.  Encouraging texts, phone calls, and Facebook messages have been so uplifting. 

My Mom made the trip over to help us out. Because we close on our first house on Dec. 20 we are breaking our apartment lease! Yes, we will lose our deposit but we will also pay rent for every month our apartment sits empty. So we decided now is the time to get the rental back on the market with hopes of finding either St. Louis University or Washington University students looking for a new place to live for the new semester.  AKA-we have to be out of this apartment by January 1! So getting our current apartment cleaned up is a top priority for those we hope will quickly come to view it.  Obviously with bed rest I have been banned from housework so my Mom came to the rescue!  She cleaned like a mad woman and the apartment has never looked better. After she left last night I went to brush my teeth and thought, something is different. Me: "Jonny did you clean our electric toothbrushes?" Jonny: "No!" Yea my Mom is pretty thorough and I'm pretty blessed! Actually her timing was perfect because late last night I got an email and a girl is coming to check out the place tomorrow!! So fingers crossed & prayers going up maybe we can actually have this burden lifted from our shoulders!

My in-laws have also been AMAZING! I received these beautiful flowers from my Mother-in-law,Father-in-law, & Grammie Grandmother in law :) in a delivery the other day (yes bed rest makes you lose track of what day of the week it is)...



I also received a bed rest care package from my Sister-in-Law (Jonny's sister).  



It included: 

  • Trashy magazines perfect for reading while dealing with pregnancy induced ADD 
  • Body butter to prevent stretch marks
  • Nutritious snack bars said to be a good complement to prenatal vitamins
  • Candies that help with nausea 
  • And my favorite...a Gift Card for maternity clothes that can be used online so I can find the right lounging clothes. Maybe I can finally stop wearing my husband's gym shorts because even those are getting too small! 

This morning I was blessed with some girl time with a visit from a friend I've known for years. She just happened to be driving through and needed a place to stay on a cross country trip. We laid in bed together just laughing and talking-great therapy for the soul! 

Don't get me wrong, things haven't been easy over the last week. I've definitely experienced some extreme side effects from the Procardia and even started having low blood sugar issues. Yet, most of the time my spirits have remained high and I know it is due to the support I am receiving, the prayers going up, and the blessing of an amazing partner in marriage. 

Tomorrow is another big day. We go back for a crucial ultrasound check up. My nerves are on edge today just thinking about it. I'll update you tomorrow, of course.  

Once again, THANK YOU for your prayers, love, and support! 


1 comment:

  1. what a sweet care package. I'm so glad to know you're being taken care of!

    ReplyDelete