Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 1: Nutmeg-good, Ginger-bad

Day 1: Check! So I did it, I made it through the first full day (yesterday doesn't really count-since I had a normal lunch). Honestly, it went well. The day began with a drink I juiced last night which consisted of Apples, Peaches, and Ginger.  It was a recipe I found on the Fat Sick & Nearly Dead website but I substituted peaches for pears. Not sure if that was a mistake, it tasted good, but it burnt my throat like crazy! That might also be because I downed it quickly as I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready for church...we have a tendency to oversleep on Sundays lately. 


For lunch I had: Apple-Beet-Carrot
1 Apple
 2 Beets 
3 Large Carrots 
1 Piece Ginger (thumb sized)
& Spinach 




Not horrible, but certainly not good, not good at all! The ginger was so strong...thumb sized was definitely too much of a kick for me! Lesson learned. 
So in the afternoon I decided to do a really short workout with the Wii Fit. I was nervous I would get light headed so I kept it short...but instead of getting woozy I got hungry, really really hungry. So after a little internet searching for "Juicing recipes that actually taste good" I found "Apple Pie Juice."
I don't even like apple pie but it sounded amazing, amazing that is in terms of juicing. Here's what the recipe said...
You can have your apple pie and drink it, too.
* First sprinkle ½ tsp of cinnamon and ½ tsp of nutmeg into your home juicing machine. 
* Then make apple juice with 4 large sweet apples and carrot juice with 1 large carrot 


After texting my husband to pick up some of my favorite apples (Red Delicious) and then borrowing nutmeg from a neighbor/friend...I finally found a juice snack that I really like. Sorry no photos, I was too hungry waste time snappy pics.
Dinner on the other hand...absolutely gross! Green Lemonade sounded like an enticing recipe...it was not! So I poured it into a wine glass to keep it classy and try to psych myself into thinking it was actually A-MAZING. It was not, but I still did it, with a whole lot of water to chase it with! 

I realize it's only been a little over 24 hours since I started but I feel pretty good. Let's hope those good feelings continue! Right now the only thing getting me down is constantly having to clean that darn juicer-uggh. Oh and if you're wondering about my IBS (because of course I know you can't stop thinking about my spastic colon)-all is well in that department. 
ps. It's ok if you think I'm a little crazy for giving up solid foods...I know my dog does! 

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, tucker's face! I Love it. I'm super impressed with you, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy! Good job. That dog is so dang cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!!!! If you ever need any beets, zucchini, basil, I've got a whole bunch that we don't finish each week from the farm. Come on over!!!

    ReplyDelete