Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 4: Looks can be deceiving

Hey friends, 


Today was a rough day.  I'm to the point where all drinks no matter how creative the mix of vegetables and fruit have lost all appeal.  The thought of a well balanced cooked meal is beginning to be too good to resist (or for that matter a Papa John's pizza covered in cheese & sausage with garlic dipping sauce-mmmmm).  The health benefits to this diet may have run their course for me.  The chronic upper back pain that I have dealt with off and on for years has flared up over the last two weeks or so but has been manageable. So combine neck/shoulder pain with the discomfort of being without "real" food and honestly I'm not sure it's really worth it.  I think tomorrow may be my last day.  If I can make it through 5 full days I will know I have accomplished something great!  5 days is the recommended "first time" quick "reboot"anyway.  I don't regret this week I just think I may have been a little over ambitious shooting for 7 days. 


Here's a pic of a Beet mixture I tried today.  The beets were free thanks to an over abundance of beets in our friends' farm share this week.  The color of the beet juice is beautiful (though it's hard to tell from the picture) but looks really can be deceiving and the taste was just...ok. 









Thanks for reading and sticking with me this week! 







1 comment:

  1. I actually hate beets.
    I'm so impressed with you.
    I agree 5 days will be a serious accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete