Saturday, February 9, 2013

29 Weeks


As of today I've made it to 29 weeks with no plans of stopping anytime soon!  We’ve been waiting to share some good news about the heart function of Baby B until it was confirmed by the expert-the cardiologist.  At our appointment on Thursday he stated that Baby A still looks great and best of all Baby B is showing signs of improvement again!  Previously, as you may remember, progress had leveled out and we were preparing to live with the heart damage as is.  Baby B’s heart has now improved to the point that the Doctor is calling the problems “subtle.”  The valves are now pumping normally and there are no signs of leakage!  It was such a great feeling to listen to the cardiologist as he explained with a giant smile “if I were to see this baby without knowing his medical history I wouldn’t think his heart problems were even that big of a deal.”  That morning prior to the appointment I was throwing up from acid reflux in the car and absolutely miserable and yet in that moment-nothing else mattered.  Pure joy!  After the appointment I went back to being miserable physically but that's another story. 

I can’t pretend to understand why some prayers get answered in the way we want and others don’t (yes, even after earning a Seminary degree at a very prestigious school-I still don’t have all the answers-imagine that!) but I am just so grateful for the miraculous healing we are witnessing.   The longer my body can hold on to these boys the healthier they will be so keep praying friends. We are so grateful for your love & support! 

As each week passes the reality of becoming parents is setting in.  The amount of work to get ready for two babies is overwhelming to think about, particularly since Jonny has to try to accomplish almost everything alone with me on bedrest.  We've already done some work of course. I can't help but want to rip down a strip of wallpaper or two on my way to the bathroom-that's not breaking any rules-right!?  Check out what treasure we found when we ripped down a few panels of wall paper in the nursery…


Under the 1980’s flower print (on the right) was an even more lovely 1970’s floral design!  Brady Bunch anyone? 

My view of the nursery from bedrest…





Jonny has one crib put together so far.  As you can see we chose to make our master bedroom and nursery the two adjoining bedrooms for easy access. Notice the lovely pink flowers and ribbons I am blessed to be surrounded by in our bedroom, day after day. Sense the sarcasm. 

Tucker is of course helping. Some days he is my bedrest buddy...




Notice that he is doing his part to make sure our boys' clothing is already being drooled on...





Knowing how much work there is to do some friends have volunteered to come over for a workday!  Tomorrow cribs & changing tables will be assembled, wallpaper will come down, and hand-me-down baby clothes will be washed (formerly worn by my nephews-thank you Daphne!) Words can’t express just how great it feels to know we have help for all of these projects. I have to admit not being able to do anything around the house and knowing my husband has to do everything for us is probably the hardest part of bedrest for me.  If you want to learn how to let go of control go on Bedrest…works like a charm!

Thanks for reading, thanks for praying, thanks for loving...



No comments:

Post a Comment